If you plan to bring more interactive communication to your blog, you may be interesting in embeddable free forum offered by Tal.ki , so your visitors can have discussions right in your site.
- No account registration needed. Your forum will be integrated with Facebook, Twitter, Google, and other services so members can skip registration.
- Engage your website's visitors. Turn passive blog and content readers into participating members, contributing content.
- Make your website stickier. Forums tend to keep people on a website longer and have them visit 50% more pages.
- Seamlessly blends into your website. Tal.ki detects the colors of your website, the layout, and the fonts and automatically styles itself to blend it with your site.
- Easy to use Admin Tools. Configure the privacy settings for each forum to choose who has access, from guests to moderators.
Tal.ki is an application that lets users embed forums into their websites just like they would a YouTube video. If you can copy and paste, then you have the skills necessary to create a fully functional online forum where the readers of your blog or website can interact with each other and discuss the day’s latest events. Much more than just a souped-up commenting feature, Tal.ki forums put the control in your readers’ hands by letting them create new discussions centered around the topics that matter to them most.
Multiple Tal.ki pricing options let you select the plan that fits best; depending on the number of visitors you expect to have using the forums on your site. After signing up, Tal.ki will give you a line of HTML code to embed in your website just like you would embed a YouTube video clip. Paste the code wherever you like, and within an instant you’ve got a functioning forum where your readers can sound off. Individual Tal.ki forums can be run across multiple pages of your website, allowing people to check out the forums no matter what page they’re on. Even better, your readers don’t have to sign up for an account with Tal.ki before they get started posting. Instead, they just need to log in with a Google, Facebook, Yahoo, or Twitter account and they’re ready to go.
Like other online forums, Tal.ki forums feature multiple categories and sticky posts, and let users subscribe to certain threads to find out when new content has been added. And because the forum is located on your site, you’ll always remain the key administrator in charge of determining who is and isn’t allowed to post what types of content. For bloggers and developers who need a better way to increase the amount of time users spend on their sites, Tal.ki forums are an obvious solution that can ramp up user interaction on any website or blog.
- Create a forum on your blog where readers can chat with each other
- Get to know your fans by communicating in your own forum
- Find out what readers would like to read more about on your site
- Encourage your website readers to spend more time on your site
- Users can log in to post with a Facebook, Twitter, Google, Yahoo, or Open ID account
- Forum users can change their display name to whatever they want
- Hide your member list from the view of others at any time
- Allow members to include photos with their forum posts
What we liked:
- Adding a Tal.ki forum to a website is as simple as clicking copy and paste
- Admin panel is easy to understand and use
- Tal.ki offers plugins for increased integration with WordPress and Google sites
- Forums are a great way to get to know your readers
What we didn’t like:
- The Tal.ki forums design might not blend in seamlessly with all websites
- Free account with limited features
- Pro account is $9.95/month
- Platinum account is $59/month
- Max account is $249/month